Monthly Archives: May 2016
Painful, red, and itchy neck rashes can affect the delicate skin of your babies to quite an extent. What is more, these skin rashes remain a persistent feature even when you have given it a bath and used all sorts of cooling medications on the child. Before we can look at the appropriate baby neck rash treatment, let us look at the possible causes of neck rashes in babies.
Intertrigo: This is a common cause of rashes in toddlers and newborns. This is basically caused by the chubby necks in babies that we find so cute. Since it is difficult for the babies to hold up their head, the skin folds rub against each other and encourages the rash formation and breakdown of the skin. This sort of rash usually clears up on its own as soon as the baby learns to hold up its head and the constant abrasion lessens.
Yeast Infection: The skin folds in the baby’s neck might also be the result of a candida yeast infection and neck rashes on babies. This fungal infection thrives in the warm moist environment of the baby’s neck that retains the moisture after bathing. To treat this skin condition, it is advisable to keep the area dry and use an antifungal to clear off the infection.
Heat Rashes: Summer months can beckon the heat rashes or the appearance of small red bumps on the infant’s skin. The sweat depositing in the neck fold creates an ideal environment for the prickly heat bumps on the skin. This often spreads around the chest and back and up around the ears and face.
Stork Bites: The name may sound quite funny but stork bites actually refers to the birthmark that appears on the baby’s back and neck. Technically speaking, this painless red pinkish spot is not actually a rash but rather a collection of blood vessels inherited from the mother. In most toddlers, this mark will go away in a few months without any intervention or treatment.
The treatment for baby neck rashes include simple steps such as exposure to air, elimination of moisture, and avoidance of irritating clothing. Here are some simple home remedies that you can use to eliminate the rashes on the baby’s skin.
- Wash the area well to remove the trapped dirt and moisture. Rather than using fancy scented soaps, opt for mild baby soaps that do not cause skin irritation. Sponge the baby well with lukewarm water and dry. Remember that most of the baby soaps and lotions have harsh detergents that can cause drying and crusting of the area. So steer clear of them and opt for water and a sponge to remove the dirt.
- After washing off the dirt and sweat, dry the area thoroughly. Exposing the area to air allows the moisture to evaporate and the skin to heal. It is best to keep the baby occupied by doing something that allows its neck to stretch and let the area be exposed to drying.
- If your baby suffers from dry skin, then use olive oil to moisturize the skin. However, most ointments contain heavy oils that may aggravate the rashes.
- Avoid scratchy fabrics that irritate the baby’s skin and instead opt for soft cotton, loose fitting clothes.
- To avoid prickly heat rashes, use a humidifier to keep the room cool.
Despite these home remedies, if the baby neck rashes are a persistent feature or worsens and appears to break and ooze blood, then it is best to visit a pediatrician for the appropriate treatment option. Antifungal medication and topical ointments may be prescribed in case of a yeast infection. Remember that with these rashes, prevention is the key. So keep the baby’s neck clean and dry to avoid the itchy skin rashes on your infant
Nail care is very important when it is question to personal grooming. If you have been careless about your nails, your appearance would be slovenly in spite of makeup and most fashionable clothes. For all that you’ll be a bit shabby. Every day you should bind to be bound to pay some more attention to nail care. Make a practice of looking after your nails every day, it will take you some minutes, but permit you to take matters easy about your appearance. Well-tended hands will supplement assuredness.
Take care of your nails between salon visits. Treat them well and you’ll do just fine. Basic principles of nail care:
– Wash hands with mild soap, including glycerin, olive oil, aloe or herb extracts;
– Immerse your fingers into warm water with herb tea for a few minutes before taking a shortcut the cuticles (the rims of skin at the bottom of the nails);
– Take a shortcut of the cuticles, if they are long and ragged, very accurate;
– Maintain the nails to the same length, cutting off any jagged or feather-edged rims;
– Cut the ends of the nails to smooth them off and agnails;
– Always use hand cream and hand lotion to prevent dry skin. At the age of 30-35, also use an age-protection hand cream from time to time. Arnica hand cream is well-known as a good remedy for dry skin;
– Cut your nails regularly and always keep them in good trim;
– If your nails are exposed to chemical product, moisture, water, etc, it could result in split peeling nails or allergic reaction. Use rubber gloves to protect your nails in the course of housework;
– Never use something like scissors for both simultaneously for infected and healthy nails;
– Don’t agglutinate fractured nail, cut it and let grow again.
Keep in mind: nails are an indicator of your general health; if you have deep problems with your nails (fragility of nails, toneless color, peeling nails), consult your physician. So much for hair vitamin and mineral deficiency equally refers to nails. Nail care begin with health food. Turn your attention to fresh fruits and vegetables, rich with Vitamin C.
To get healthy nails, you need silicium, zinc, iodine, magnesium, selenium, copper. The only one component deficiency can lead to nail problems. The necessary vitamins are: vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin ? group. Hypoferremia and hypokalemia also influence nail health status.
Growing a beard is very easy. But taking proper care of it in the proper manner is something that most men are not aware of. They do not know what to do to make it look healthy. But if you are thinking of styling it you should consider a few things to take care of your facial hair. The first thing to consider is the length on the basis of which the style techniques will differ. Men who have long ones use a number of specific products to take care of it. While those who have short ones they prefer to trim it time and again. Below are enlisted some of the ways of taking care of our facial hair.
- Do not use regular shampoo for it. Use of normal shampoo will let the facial ones go dry, and they may also die as they are much more fragile than the ones on you head. You should use the special shampoo meant for it instead of the one that takes care of it in a way that the regular shampoo can never do.
- Try to go for oils and shampoos specifically made for face, as said earlier, than the scalp counterparts. They help in its conditioning and even that of the moustache if you have one. You can also use them on your head for maintaining soft mane.
- For maintaining the short one, you must call the professional trimmer. They are equipped with the right tools to give it the proper shape according to what you want. Trimming it in regular intervals enhances the growth. A healthy growth is necessary to opt for any kind of style that you feel like.
- In order to take care of it properly you must style it in the right way. After trimming it, you can use a styling solution for improving the appearance. However, the liquid base wax is for short ones. For longer ones, you should use other styling solutions.
- Apart from styling with a number of products you should also comb it regularly. This will ensure that it remains tangle free. The best time to do this after taking a shower. This is the time when it still remains wet.
The above are some of the tips to take care of it. One of the things that you should keep in mind, in this case, is that you should allow it to grow in order to shape it the desired manner along with using beard care products. This applies even if you want to keep it short. This will help you to trim it in the right way and achieve the right style that is meant for you.
Aging of the body and its organs, which includes the skin, is inevitable and inescapable, but one can always delay this process by leading a healthier lifestyle. With age, the top layer of the skin loses its natural texture and eventually becomes thin, saggy, followed by formation of fine lines and wrinkles.
However, even during old age, you can still maintain the natural glow on the skin, provided you take proper care of your skin. So, to ensure that the beauty of the skin does not diminish with age, here’s what you can do.
Eat Skin-Friendly Foods
Our diet or the type of food we consume can have a negative or positive influence on our skin. Eating junk food daily will surely rob your skin of its healthy texture. These foods predispose your skin to a wide range of skin problems as well as accelerate aging of the skin. Therefore, discard processed foods and prefer natural, freshly-cooked foods. Including skin-friendly foods in the diet can go a long way in maintaining the beauty of the skin and prevent it from thinning.
Use Appropriate Moisturizers
Ignoring proper skin care routine can also lead to premature thinning of the skin. Our skin loses its moisture daily, making it dry and dull. The skin may crack and peel. Eventually the skin loses its elasticity, leading to thinning and formation of wrinkles. No matter what type of skin you have, make moisturizing an integral part of your skin care regimen. This will certainly help to preserve the natural moisture of the skin. Apply an appropriate moisturizer daily, to keep your skin from thinning. This works to keep the skin well-hydrated, soft, and supple.
If you diligently follow a healthy diet but puff cigarettes without fail, then all your efforts to maintain skin health will draw to a naught. The point is, smoking produces damaging effects on the skin. Smoking decreases blood circulation in the skin by constricting the blood vessels. As a result, oxygen and nutrient supply to the skin chronically drops, which changes the appearance of the skin significantly. No wonder, thin old-looking skin is one of the major side effects of smoking. So, for a healthy, supple, radiant skin that everyone dreams of, it is necessary to quit smoking.
Leading a sedentary life will not only cause a decline in cardiovascular health, but it can also have repercussions on your skin. Any form of physical activity, be it brisk walking, running or any other workout, is beneficial to the skin. As we all know, exercise increases blood circulation throughout the body including the skin. The increased blood flow supplies much-needed nutrients to the skin cells, in turn keeping the skin healthy. Moreover, a regular exercise routine ensures that your muscles are firm and the skin is tight.
Drink Plenty of Water
Water is a vital ‘nutrient’ for healthy skin. Adequate water intake ensures that nutrients from ingested food reach the skin cells, which help to nourish the skin. Also, water acts as a natural moisturizer for the skin, thereby keeping its texture and appearance youthful. Moreover, adequate water intake helps to get rid of toxins, which also contributes in improving skin health So, drink at least 7 to 8 glasses of water everyday for a clear, healthy complexion.
Reduce Sun Exposure
Overexposure to the sun is one of the primary factors that can accelerate thinning of the skin. It is a known fact that long-term exposure to UV rays damages the vital structures of the skin. For instance, it leads to the breakdown of collagen―a protein structure that imparts elasticity and firmness to the skin. No wonder, sun-damaged skin loses its elasticity and appears dull and thin. To protect the skin from harmful UV rays of the sun, apply sunscreens with an SPF of 15, particularly to frequently exposed areas of the skin such as the arms.
Wear Sun-protective Clothing
In case you are not comfortable wearing sunscreens, considering that they may contain harmful ingredients, don’t forget to wear sun-protective clothing, such as long-sleeved shirt, pants, wide-brimmed hats, and sunglasses, before moving out in the hot sun.
On the whole, protecting your skin from thinning is not at all difficult. Some healthy lifestyle changes can go a long way in maintaining that radiance and make you feel younger than your actual age.